May 19, 2011
We are establishing a new fund and ask for your support, to cover the various expenses for supplies for the renovation and beautification of the Chapel of St. Innocent Goal: $6,000.00New principal icons of Christ and the Theotokos, by the hand of Simona Breazu were installed recently. With the help of Cristian Ganfalean, who will make the holy doors, we hope to cover the iconostasis with new iconography by Simona. Both of these faithful and talented parishioners are donating their talents and expertise out of love for the Church. The Chapel of St Innocent of Irkutsk was the first Orthodox Chapel in the United States to offer a full cycle of divine services in English. It was established by the renowned theologian, Archpriest Georges Florovsky in 1944, to serve the families of returning veterans of WWII, many who did not speak or understand Russian. The English language community that was established at that time eventually became the caretakers for the entire Cathedral parish in the early 1980's. Without them, we could have lost our building, and our parish would have cease to exist on East 2nd Street. The chapel, now dedicated to St. Innocent of Irkutsk and St. Innocent of Alaska, both proclaimed "equal-of-the-apostles" (isapostles) by the Church for their dedication to evangelism, is used on weekdays and for Lesser feasts.
Prayer for Mother's Day, 2018
MEMORY ETERNAL: MANYA SALOGUB
MULTI-CULTURAL DAY, June 11, 2017
March 13: Pre-Lent Parish Retreat Day